SPM specializes in electro-mechanical assemblies. We focus on building higher level assemblies of mechanical parts and adding passive devices to enclosures, cabinets, racks, and box builds. We can also do some light testing of electro-mechanical assemblies.
General Electro-Mechanical Assembly Capabilities
- Hardware Insertion
- Bolt Together
- Kitting – BOMs to seven levels deep
Special Electro-Mechanical Assembly Capabilities
- Cables, Fans, Switches
- Door Handles, Cam Locks, Chassis Slides
- Gasketing, EMI/RFI Shielding, Seal Gasketing
- Hinged Doors and Door Mechanisms are our specialty.
- Quality Control department utilizes special equipment to thoroughly review products for quality before they are shipped to you, including but not limited to InspectVision, Romer Arm, Height Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, and Precision Linear Scales.
- In compliance with and certified to ISO 9001:2015.
- ProEngineer (Pro-E)
- DXF, IGES, STEP for direct importation into our CAD systems.
- PDF, TIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, and EPS (for graphics)
- ESI-Early Supplier Involvement (Concept)
- Concurrent Engineering (Design)
- Value Add Engineering (Sustaining)
- Lean Initiatives and Kaizen Blitzes
Typical Annual Volumes
- From prototypes to 10,000 pieces annually
- Discrete orders
- Blanket orders
- Quarterly Buys
- Annual Contracts
- Sheet Metal
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Aluminum and Plastic Extrusions
- 10 Hardware insertion presses, including:
- (2) PemSerter Automatic Feed Hardware Press
- (1) PemSerter Manual Feed Hardware Press
- (6) Haegar Hydraulic Hardware Press
- AutoSert AS-10 Hydraulic Hardware Press
- High-Speed Avdel Riveting Guns
- Air Power Pop, Avdel, and Cherry Rivet Guns (4x)
- Air Power C-Squeeze for Rivets (2x)
- Screw Gun, Nut Driver, Power Tapper
- Power Riv-Nut Installation Tooling
- Test Equipment