When it comes to metal fabrication, welding is an essential process for building parts and assemblies such as cabinets, frames, enclosures, etc. Special Products & Mfg., Inc. has the equipment and the skills to deliver. From our certified welders to our automated welding and grinding robots, we guarantee the best quality in all aspects of our manufacturing process.
General Welding Capabilities
- Certified Welders
- Certified Welders to AWS D 1.3 structural welding code – sheet steel
- Certified Welders to ASME Section 9 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Cod
- GMAW (MIG) Welding
- GTAW (TIG) Welding
- Spot Welding
- Stud Welding
- Special Welding Capabilities
- Automated Robotic Welders
- Automatic Robotic Grinder
- Our Robotic Welders and Grinder are Semi Automated (require manual loading/unloading).
- Quality Control department utilizes special equipment to thoroughly review products for quality before they are shipped to you, including but not limited to InspectVision, Romer Arm, Height Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, and Precision Linear Scales.
- In compliance with and certified to ISO 9001:2015. Also, Statistical Process Control (SPC) is utilized in the quality process of our welding and spot welding departments.
- ProEngineer (Pro-E)
- DXF, IGES, STEP for direct importation into our CAD systems.
- PDF, TIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, and EPS (for graphics)
- ESI-Early Supplier Involvement (Concept)
- Concurrent Engineering (Design)
- Value Add Engineering (Sustaining)
- Lean Initiatives
- Kaizen Blitzes
- Industry standard tolerances apply
- Hole diameters +/-.005 unless otherwise specified
- Hole to hole centers +/-.005
- Flange dimensions +/-.010
- Overall formed/welded dimensions +/-.030
Typical Annual Volumes
From prototypes to 10,000 pieces annually
- Discrete orders
- Blanket orders
- Quarterly Buys
- Annual Contracts
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Total of 15 arc welders, including:
- (1) Capital Robotics Fusion Arc 180L Robotic Welding Cell with OTC Daihen Robot and Welding equipment.
- (2) Kawasaki Robotic Welders
- 450 Amp Miller Maxtron Pulse Welder, (Can be configured for M.I.G or T.I.G)
- (6x) 300 Amp Miller T.I.G. Welders
- (6x) 200 Amp Miller M.I.G. Wirefeed Welders
- (2x) OTC-Daihen Welbee WB-500-L, M.I.G Welders, 500 AMP
- Moto-Man Robotic Grinding Cell with Dual Indexing Work Tables
- AMADA 50 K.V.A. Table/Gantry Style Spotwelder with Inverter Power Supply
- AMADA 50 K.V.A. Press Style Spotwelder with Inverter Power Supply
- (2x) 30 K.V.A. Acme Spotwelders with Electronic Timers
- 75 K.V.A. Taylor/Winfield Spotwelder with Electronic Timer and Aluminum Upslope Control
- 150 K.V.A. Spotwelder with Electronic Timer and Aluminum Upslope Control
- 75 K.V.A. American Industrial Aluminum Spotwelder
- 1/2″ Capacity Nelson Stud Welder
- 1/4″ Capacity KSM Stud Welder, Press Type with Jig Table
- 3/8” Capacity Betterman TS-318 Stud Welder
- 50″ Wide Ramco Model 50T Series 75 Single Head Wet System Wide Belt Sander.
- 36″ Wide Ramco Model 37T Series 75 Single Head Wet System Wide Belt Sander.
- 9″ Timesaver Semi-Automatic Sander
- Lissmac SBM-S-1000 Edge deburring machine
- 3′ x 4′ Stroke Sander
- (2x) 6″ Wide Rockwell and Texas Machinery Belt Sanders
- Contour Sanders
- 5″ and 7″ Air and Jitterbug Grinders
- Dynafile Air Sanders
- Falls Products Model 131 D-BUR-R edge deburring machine.
- (2) Torit Grinding Booths with integrated Dust Collection
- (5) Colmet Grinding Booths with integrated dust collection