Precision Metal Fabrication is our bread and butter. Special Products & Mfg., Inc. offers several different methods of manipulating our metal into your products. Within each metal manufacturing department, there are several high capacity machines capable of punching, shearing, laser cutting, bending, press brake forming, hardware insertion, machining and welding sheet metal, mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, extrusions and plastic. SPM also offers powder coating to hard shell protect parts.
General Metal Fabrication Capabilities
- Laser Cutting
- Press Brake Forming.
Special Metal Manufacturing Capabilities
- Hardware insertion
- Powder Coating
- Fully Automated Robotic Press Brake Forming.
- Fifteen robots utilized in the fabrication areas
- Fully automated press brake robots load, bend and form, then unload and line up finished parts to be packaged and shipped
- Laser cutting is also fully automated with load/unload capabilities
- Turret Punch presses all with load/unload capabilities
- Robotic Welding
- Robotic Grinding.
- Experienced team of customer support experts ensure every part is manufactured properly in timely and orderly manner.
- Quality Control department utilizes special equipment to thoroughly review products for quality before they are shipped to you, including but not limited to InspectVision, Romer Arm, Height Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, and Precision Linear Scales.
- In compliance with and certified to ISO 9001:2008
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) is utilized in the quality process of some departments
- AutoCAD Inventor
- Solidworks 2007 and 2008
- ProEngineer (Pro-E) Wildfire
- DXF, IGES, STEP for direct importation into our CAD systems.
- PDF, TIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, and EPS (for graphics)
- ESI-Early Supplier Involvement (Concept)
- Concurrent Engineering (Design)
- Value Add Engineering (Sustaining)
- Lean Initiatives
- Kaizen Blitzes
- Industry standard tolerances apply
- Hole diameters +/-.005 unless otherwise specified
- Hole to hole centers +/-.005, flange dimensions +/-.010
- Overall Formed/Welded dimensions +/-.030
Typical Annual Volumes
- From prototypes to 10,000 pieces annually
- Discrete orders
- Blanket orders
- Quarterly Buys
- Annual Contracts
- Sheet Metal
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Alonod Miro-Solar Sunselect Aluminum
- Plastic Sheet & Extrusions
- Aluminum Extrusions (cut, punched or drilled, powder coated)
Equipment (As of 10/08)
Listed by Department
- Total Plant
- 140,000 Sq. Ft. Air Conditioned Manufacturing Area, on 10 acres.
- Shearing Department
- 10' 3/16" Wysong Shear with N.C. Programmable Front and Rear Gaging with Automatic Sheet Supports on Rear Gage
- 2' 16 Ga. Di-Acro Blanking Shear
- 3' 16 Ga. Famco Shear
- 30" Niagara Power Rolls
- Storage Racks for 100,000 Lbs. of Sheet Stock and 25,000 lbs. of cut to length stock
- Turret Press Department
Total of 8 turret presses, including:
- FinnPower Shear Genius Series 11 with Automated Loading, Sorting and Stacking capabilities. 60" x 120" Sheet Size. DNC Networked
- FinnPower Shear Genius Series 8 with Automated Loading capabilities. 60" x 120" Sheet Size. DNC Networked
- FinnPower Shear Genius Series 7 with Automated Loading. 48" x 120" Sheet Size. DNC Networked
- FinnPower 10 Shelf Stocking Tower/Loader for Series 7 and 8 Shear Genius Punch/Shear Combination machines
- Amada Vipros 33 Ton 58 Station Auto-Index HydraulicTurret Press , 50" x 80" Sheet Size, Automatic Load-Unload, DNC Networked
- (2) Amada Pega 33 Ton 58 Station Auto-Index Turret Press, 50" x 72" Sheet Size, 50" x 96" Automatic Load-Unload , DNC Networked
- Amada Pega 33 Ton 58 Station Auto-Index Turret Press, 50" x 72" Sheet Size, 50" x 50" Automatic Load-Unload , DNC Networked
- Amada Pega 33 Ton 44 Station Auto-Index Turret Press, 40" x 50" Sheet Size, Automatic Load-Unload, DNC Networked.
- NC Turret Press Tooling
- Amada TOGU III Automatic Tool Grinder
- Amada TG-160 Tool Grinder
- Chavalier Surface Grinder
- Cleaning Bench Equipped with Manual Vertical Spindle Grinder and Rocklinizer for Punch and Die Maintenance
- 12 Ton Enco Manual Hydraulic Press for Tool Testing and Development
- Laser Department
- MAZAK Six Shelf Automated Laser FMS:
- (2) MAZAK NTX48 1.5KW Laser Cutting System, 4' x 8' Sheet Size, Cutting capacities: 1/2" Steel, .125 Aluminum
- (1) MAZAK STX48 Mark IV, 4KW Laser Cutting System, 4' x 8' Sheet Size, Cutting capacities: 1" Steel, .375 Aluminum
- Punch Press Department
- 66 Ton Amada Hydraulic Press with Single Axis NC Gaging
- (5) 3 Ton Kickpresses (5x)
- 8" x 8" 11 Ga. Amada Hydraulic Notcher
- 6" x 6" Notcher
- Press Brake Department
Total of 26 Press Brakes, including:
- (2) AMADA ASTRO 100MHE, 137 Ton 10' Robotic Press Brake Bending System with Network DNC and Offline Programming
- AMADA FBDIII1253NT 137 Ton Hydraulic Press Brake, AMNC-PC 7 Axis NT Control System with Network and Offline Programming
- (2) AMADA FBDIII8025NT 88 Ton Hydraulic Press Brake, AMNC-PC 7 Axis NT Control System with Network and Offline Programming
- (2) AMADA FBD Series 137 Ton 10' Hydraulic Press Brake, 3 Axis 18 Function Gaging with offline program storage.
- AMADA RG Series 137 Ton 10' Hydraulic Press Brake, 3 Axis 18 Function Gaging with offline program storage.
- AMADA RG Series 110 Ton 10' Hydraulic Press Brake, 3 Axis 18 Function Gaging with offline program storage.
- AIZAWA APL8025 88 ton 8' Hydraulic Press Brake, 7 Axis CNC Gaging with Network DNC System and Offline Programming
- AMADA RG Series 88 Ton 8' Hydraulic Press Brake, 3 Axis 18 Function Gaging with offline program storage.
- (2) AMADA LD Series 88 Ton 8' Hydraulic Press Brake, 2 Axis Gaging with Data port for offline program storage.
- (2) AMADA RG35-LD, 35 Ton, 4’ Hydraulic Pressbrake, 2 Axis Gaging with Data port for offline program storage
- AMADA RG Series 88 Ton 7' Hydraulic Press Brake, Single Axis N.C. Gaging
- AMADA FBD Series 88 Ton 6' Hydraulic Press Brake, 3 Axis 18 Function Gaging with offline program storage.
- (3) AMADA FBD Series 55 Ton 6' Hydraulic Press Brake, 3 Axis 18 Function Gaging with offline program storage.
- (2) AMADA RG Series 55 Ton 6' Hydraulic Press Brake, 3 Axis 18 Function Gaging with offline program storage.
- AMADA RG Series 27 Ton 4' Hydraulic Press Brake with Single Axis N.C. Gaging
- WYSONG 25 Ton 4' Mechanical Press Brake with Single Axis Manual Backgauge
- AMADA MX-WIN 3D Robotic Programming System
- AMADA Bend-Cad/Cam 3D Offline Programming System
- Hardened and Ground Precision Press Brake Tooling
- Roper Whitney Handbrake, 4' x 16 ga capacity
- Assembly Department
Total of 11 Hardware insertion presses, including:
- (2) PemSerter Automatic Feed Hardware Press
- (2) PemSerter Manual Feed Hardware Press
- (6) Haegar Hydraulic Hardware Press
- AutoSert AS-10 Hydraulic Hardware Press
- (2) High-Speed Avdel Riveting Gun
- Air Power Pop, Avdel, and Cherry Rivet Guns (4x)
- (2) Air Power C-Squeeze for Rivets
- Screw Gun, Nut Driver, Power Tapper
- Power Riv-Nut Installation Tooling
- Quality Control Department
- Metalsoft Fabrivision computerized vision inspection machine with 46" x 70" scanning area.
- Granite Surface Plates 18" x 24", (2) 24" x 36" and 36" x 60"
- 14" Inch Scherr Tumico Comparator 10:1 Scale
- Micrometers to 12.000
- Calipers to 40.000
- Gage Blocks
- Brown & Sharpe Height Gage
- Pin Gages .006 - .500 by .001 Increments (3 sets)
- Thread Gages
- Brown and Sharpe Micro-Hite Computerized Height Gage .0000 Places to 40" (3x)
- PosiTector 6000 (2x), Instrument for Measurement of Non-Magnetic Coating Thickness on Ferrous and Non-ferrous Substrates
- Gardner 60 Degree Gloss Meter
- Various Specialty Gages
- Calibration of Inspection Instruments Traceable to N.B.S.
- Planar Inspecvision Model P200.50 Optical Inspection Machine
- Romer 8’ Infinite 2.0 Six Axis Inspection Arm with PC-DMIS Inspection Software
- Welding And Grinding Department
Total of 15 arc welders, including:
- (2) Kawasaki Robotic Welders
- 450 Amp Miller Maxtron Pulse Welder, (Can be configured for M.I.G or T.I.G)
- (6) 300 Amp Miller T.I.G. Welders
- (6) 200 Amp Miller M.I.G. Wirefeed Welders
- Moto-Man Robotic Grinding Cell with Dual Indexing Work Tables
- AMADA 50 K.V.A. Table/Gantry Style Spotwelder with Inverter Power Supply
- AMADA 50 K.V.A. Press Style Spotwelder with Inverter Power Supply
- (2) 30 K.V.A. Acme Spotwelders with Electronic Timers
- 75 K.V.A. Taylor/Winfield Spotwelder with Electronic Timer and Aluminum Upslope Control
- 150 K.V.A. Spotwelder with Electronic Timer and Aluminum Upslope Control
- 75 K.V.A. American Industrial Aluminum Spotwelder
- 1/2" Capacity Nelson Stud Welder
- 1/4" Capacity KSM Stud Welder, Press Type with Jig Table
- 50" Wide Ramco Model 50T Series 75 Single Head Wet System Wide Belt Sander.
- 36" Wide Ramco Model 37T Series 75 Single Head Wet System Wide Belt Sander.
- 9" Timesaver Semi-Automatic Sander
- 3' x 4' Stroke Sander
- (2) 6" Wide Rockwell and Texas Machinery Belt Sanders
- Contour Sanders
- 5" and 7" Air and Jitterbug Grinders
- Dynafile Air Sanders
- Falls Products Model 131 D-BUR-R edge deburring machine.
- (2) Torit Grinding Booths with integrated Dust Collection
- (5) Colmet Grinding Booths with integrated dust collection
- Finishing Department
- 20,000 Sq. Ft. Fully Automatic Powder Coating Area with Controlled Environment
- Fully Conveyorized Powder Coat Line
- Six Stage Automatic Cleaning and Phosphate System
- (2) Automatic Powder Application Booths
- Manual Powder Application Booth
- Conveyorized and Batch Curing Ovens
- 42" x 24" Trin-Mac Cabinet Sandblaster/Glassbeader
- 1 and 6 Cubic Ft. Burr-Off Vibratory Deburr Machines
- Torex 12.2 Cubic Ft. Toroidal Bowl Vibratory Deburr Machine with Unload and Separator
- Silkscreening, Rubber Stamping, Part Marking
- Steelman 6' x 7' x 10' High Temperature Baking Oven for Silkscreening and Powdercoating
- Tooling And Machining Department
- Mori-Seiki NL-2000 CNC Lathe
- SuperMax CNC Vertical Machining Center with Tool and Pallet Changer
- Tree-Kira VMC-2 Vertical Machining Centers with 18 tool Changer
- (2) Haas VF-3SS Super Speed Vertical Machining Center
- Haas TM-2 Toolroom CNC Mill
- Bridgeport and Wilton Manual Mills (2x)
- Haas TL-1 Toolroom CNC Lathe
- 8" x 24" Do-All Hydraulic Surface Grinder
- 6" x 12" Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder
- 8" Bench Grinder
- Roll-In Band Saw
- 12" Brobo Cold Saw with Automatic Air Vises for Ferrous Material
- 12"Enmegi High Speed Saw with Automatic Air Vises for Non-Ferrous Materials
- Hardinge Second Operation Lathe
- (8) Single Spindle Drill Presses up to 20"
- (5) Tapping Heads to 1/2" Capacity (5x)
- Yuasa Gear Driven Lead Screw Tapping Machine With 5 Spindle Multiple Tapping Attachment
- Kingston HJ-1100 Lathe, 17" x 43" Engine Lathe with Fagor DRO
Special Products uses a wide array of the latest PC based hardware, software, and network systems to efficiently process manufacturing data.
- AMADA 1E CAM CNC Programming Language and Autonest Dissimilar Part Nesting Package
- METALSOFT Fabricam and FabriWIN sheetmetal CAD/CAM. Cad data directly usable by Fabrivision Inspection System.
- PRO Engineer 3-D Modeling
- Sigmanest Nesting Software for Punch and Laser applications
- Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2000i
- Metalsoft Fabritrak for Windows Job Shop Control System
- MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, Novell Netware 4.1
- FinnPower NC-Express Nesting and Programming system for Shear Genius Punch/Shear Combination Machines.
- Esprit 2008 CAM Software for Machining Applications.
- Solidworks 2008 3-D Modeling
- Finnpower NcExpress CAD-CAM